Saturday, October 15, 2016

Don't I Know You from Somewhere?


   A few days ago I asked and answered the question, "Where do they come from?" Meaning--characters, stories, etc.
    Now I ask, "Don't I know you from somewhere?" Because in the case of my newest "Safe At Home," the characters and the story in this 1Night Stand are related to a few others my partner-in-writing crime, Deanna Wadsworth, and I have come up with.
     While each of our stories is independent of one another, you can find out what happened to many of these folks by reading 'the next book' in a loosely planned series of 1Night Stands.
       Going backward, so to speak, Charly in "Safe At Home" works for an art gallery owned by Paul Strait in "Finding His Fantasy." Paul appeared in my "Wise Men Say" story. Charly and Andy's friend, Casey, is the lead in "For Me," and Deanna swiped a character from that story to pen "The Best Ever."
      If the baseball player in that story sounds familiar, he's Andy's teammate in my latest story. A woman mentioned in "The Best Ever" is the main character in my "Haste Ye Back." The story of the concierge in "HYB" is found in "Accidentally Beautiful," and he takes care of the main character in "The One He Chose." Which brings us back to where this started, with John Godfrey of "Bear It All" who is Charly's old boyfriend.
     While it may sound confusing, it's actually FUN to the point where some think Deanna and I are one in the same. And although I love her, and at times we can finish each other's sentences, rest assured we are two independent people who just find it a challenge and WAY too much fun to steal each other's minor characters and see where their stories go.
     Hope you enjoy these stories as much as we have stealing from one another and finding out where these 'people' end up!"
     "Safe At Home" is up for presale now at the following:  





When not playing with the people in her head, Wendy has a full time job behind the scenes in television, a part time job in radio and an even 'parter' time job trying to keep her house clean. She lives with her cute chef husband and two fuzzy felines in the Great Lakes region of the Mid-West. 

No comments:

Post a Comment