Saturday, October 29, 2016

Now What?

Now what?
"Now what?" The phrase reminds me of a poster on a friend's dorm room wall back in the 1980's. And, although I've Googled it, it didn't come up. So I've created my own, although the original was more artsy!

This is pretty much what I'm asking myself right now! "Now what?"--more promotion? Wait for reviews? Wonder about sales? Forget this 'baby,' and move on to another project? A little of all of the above, I suppose.

My inherent 'now what?' questioning of myself has been thrown off a bit this time around. For those who know me well, unlike a lot of writers, I tend to finish one project to the very end (publication), before tossing myself headlong into another. Not this time, as I have co-workers breathing down my neck for more! Yes, many of them were present when 'Safe At Home' was born, along with the shriek of the birth of another story after hanging up the phone with a local Sheriff about a month ago. So now they want to know, 'Is it finished?'

I so want to tell them, "Yes," but it's not like I don't have other things occupying my time. So, I toss them some savory story breadcrumbs and let them pout, because, hey, as much as I enjoy their company they can buy the book, right?

And if it's any incentive to buy my latest release 'Safe At Home,' one review seems even more salacious than the book itself!

So in answering my "Now what?' I better get my butt into a not-so-far-off fantasy land and see what my new characters are up to! And, since one is a member of law enforcement, I better get my butt in gear - or else! It also doesn't hurt that "Sheriff Eli Martin" looks like this!


When not playing with the people in her head, Wendy has a full time job behind the scenes in television, a part time job in radio and an even 'parter' time job trying to keep her house clean. She lives with her cute chef husband and two fuzzy felines in the Great Lakes region of the Mid-West. 

No comments:

Post a Comment